Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I still dream like I am 6 years old!



Between now until not too far from now, I'd like to write a short story in children's book or young adult format. I am still inspired by the fact the the writer of The Outsiders was written when she was still a young teenager. Jane Austen was a young, single woman introducing us to the world of Elizabeth and Darcy. And in recent times, J.K. Rowling created the Harry Potter world. But my first inspirations were The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein and Oh! The Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss. I wonder if I can somehow marry the magical worlds of Jane Austen, J.K Rowling, Dr. Seuss, and Shel Silverstein. It's good to aim REALLY high!



Also, I used to think that I was a pretty decent artist as a 6 year old. I may need help in the drawing area. I don't know if Heartman and Starman will cut it with today's artistic sophistication.

5 comments:

  1. You should definitely go for it! I'd buy a copy. My boy did his own children's book a few months ago...

    He published it through Lulu.

    there are so many books I read as a kid, I can't name my favorites. Wayside School series. Hardy Brothers. Where the Wild Things Are. I miss those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, here's a link to my friend's book...

    http://stores.lulu.com/Monsterfriends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - thanks! I am trying! I need that spark of inspiration, then I'm set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you gave me a copy of this as a baby shower gift and I would read it to Camille when she was still in my tummy. *tears* go
    for it My!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Christine! I can't believe that I just read your comment! I appreciate it, kaibigan! :)

    ReplyDelete